Monday, July 25, 2011

You're invited...



Tonight was the night. 
Tonight we made a huge mark.
Tonight we dominated our to do list. 
Tonight we stuffed. 
Tonight we stamped. 
Tonight we sealed. 
Tomorrow we mail. 

You guessed it. Tonight, we had an invitation party. Our sweet friends hosted it for us, and we were able to knock out the assembling process in, what I consider, record timing. 


There was much preparation that went into the invitations. While designing/choosing the invitations was stressful for me, the guest list was an even greater task. My mom compiled the list, along with Wesley's mom, and organized it meticulously in Excel.  She then mail merged them and printed the envelopes. Last night, the night before the invitation party, she and Dad proofed the envelopes carefully. The chose the Santa Claus approach of making a list and checking it twice. 
They so diligently double and triple checked addresses, names, and spellings. I must say, they make quite a team. Have I mentioned that I'm not sure how I'd get married if I had to do everything myself? 

Anyway, we carried our envelopes, invitations, stamps, and handy dandy envelope moisteners over to our friends' house. We ate a delicious meal, consisting of foods that I may have to try my hand at after Sept 24th, and then set up stations to assemble the invitations. 

We began around 6:50, and we finished around 7:25. Record timing? Yes. The time flew by and before we knew it, 460 invitations were ready to mail. 

The "Mommas"
Sweet friends that came to help

The wonderful hostesses

We had a great time, and we are so thankful for such sweet people to help with what could have been such a daunting task. Thank you so much!!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Hurray! I'm so thankful for your community. I'm continually impressed with how they all love and serve you. :)

xoxo.

ps. the invites look fab.

NS said...

What a wonderful idea. Nothing wrong with having fun while you work, right? Glad you have that behind you. Invitations are beautiful. LUV U!