Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Busy, busy, busy....I feel like that's all I know anymore. When I have spare time, I know there's something I should be doing. It's so hard for me to just chill, and not worry about something. Like today for instance...I'll have an hour this afternoon to do something, but other than that I'm busy the whole day. I have a paper to write, a book to read, and a God to spend time with. Finding time for those things can be hard at times. It should be easy to spend time with God, but unfortunately I end up thinking about what I need to do the rest of the day. I just need to sit...in silence...and focus on Him.

How often do I sit in silence? I can tell you. Unless I'm up at midnight studyining and my roommates asleep, I dont sit in silence. Why? That's a darn good question. But I think it's in the silence that God reveals to us what He wants to show us. When I stop worrying, thinking, and trying to solve the world's problems, that's when I can humble myself, listen to Him, and soften my heart to let His word sink in. It's not easy for this busy girl who has too much to do, but that's what makes it all the more worthwhile. When I can set time aside and spend time with my Lord, I find strength in Him to face the day. Isaiah 40:30-31 says it all...

"Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
THey will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and nont grow weary.
They will walk and not faint. "

No comments: