Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Black Friday Adventure

Black Friday.

A day for shoppers to get deals, retail store employees to get exhausted, for me to get engaged.

ENGAGED?!? Yes. Engaged! I'm getting married! When, you ask?! I don't know. But I'll let you know when I find out.

Would you like to know how it happened? Okay...here it goes.

On Thanksgiving Day, Wesley called me and said since we had to be at work 4, he'd come get me at 3:15. Let me just tell you, I'm very protective of my sleep. So when he said we could leave my house 45 MINUTES before we had to be there, I immediately disagreed. I believe my exact words (with caps making emphasis) were "it does NOT take 45 MINUTES to get to work!" So he settled for 3:30. I went to bed at 9:30ish, and slept soundly until 2:30 when I rolled out of bed to start preparing for the day. As I was putting my mascara on, he sent a text that read "Can you come let me in?!" I read it and thought "Well, he's perky for 3:30 AM", and then proceeded to go let him in. He came in the house, and while I finished getting ready, my parents woke up and came in the kitchen. (Sometimes if I'm making noise or the lights get turned on and I happen to wake my parents up, they come say hello before I leave, so it wasn't abnormal for them to have gotten up.) They wished me a good day, I told them to go back to sleep, I grabbed me and Wesley a couple cokes, and we headed out the door.

We walked out the back door into the 45ish degree weather and darkness, and I began to walk to the car. Wesley didn't move from the back steps, and asked me to come back to him. I just figured he wanted to hug me before a long day, so I went over to him and hugged him. He said "are you tired, Babe?" and I obliviously said "uh huh"...and he said "I might have something that will wake you up." Then he moved the jacket that had been draped over his arm the whole time he'd been at my house, and held up a ring box as he got on one knee. He asked me to marry him, and I, shocked, stunned, and so excited, said, "um, yes!"

We went back inside, where my mom had the camera ready to take some pictures...of course :)




Needless to say, my Black Friday working experience was not as dreadfully long as I'd expected it to be. The proposal was perfect and turned what normally would have been an ordinary day into a fun, memorable day. When we got back from work Friday night, we celebrated with both of our families at my house and had a great time. 


Oh the ring is perfect too...I love it. He did VERY WELL!

We're excited to be engaged, and start planning not only for a wedding, but for a marriage. The next few months will be filled of uncertain times, but I know they will all be adventures of faith. 

Thank you to everyone who has congratulated us, supported us, loved us, and prayed for us. We are SO blessed, and so thankful! 

Until next time, my friends...

No comments: