Wednesday, February 02, 2011

To DIY or not to DIY

I have quite a dilemma these days. What is it, you ask?

To DIY or not to DIY...that is the question.

For those of you who may not know, DIY is Do It Yourself. In the realm of weddings, there are so many creative ideas, tutorials, articles, and magazines devoted to those who enjoy DIYing (or DIT...Doing It Themselves). Being the craft lover that I am, I get sucked in. I want to DIY (or DIM...Do It Myself). But the question is how much is too much? How many things should I decided to DIY (DIM)?

I love craft projects, but I'm guilty of over committing myself to projects and hobbies. I think that I can do it all myself. I have a hard time using that handy tactic that I learned in 5th grade-"Just Say No". In attempting to plan a budget friendly wedding, it's ESPECIALLY hard to say "no" to the money saving crafts. Can't you see my dilemma?

There are several things I'm contemplating DIY...DIMing...Doing myself...whatever. Right now, invitations are on the top of my "maybe I should DIY (DIM)" list. We shall see.

So do I DIM? or do I let someone else DIT and pay them for it? Such a predicament.

Here was my latest DIY (DIM) project! It comes with a tutorial as well.

HOW TO MAKE SUPER FUN WEDDING SHOES:


You will need:
  • 1 plain, boring, simple pair of pumps
  • 1 brooch that you've had for 2 years
  • lots of prayer that someone is selling the exact same brooch on ebay





First buy the plain shoes.
Find a brooch that fits perfectly.

Pray for and buy the matching brooch on eBay.
Voila! Super fun wedding shoes!   
  








 Pardon me while I prop up my feet...:)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

DYO ... Do your own... Invites! They'll be super cute not cost as much and.. Sadly people throw them away after awhile... :)

Leah Belle said...

there IS a 3rd option: FDI. that stands for Friends Do It. i know this friend would love to be delegated some DIY projects for your wedding. and i know that there wouldn't be any trouble recruiting some other friends as well. :)

Leah Belle said...

p.s. the 3rd option i mentioned comes with free labor!

Unknown said...

Well, if your other DIY projects turn out as well as your wedding shoes (which are SO adorable btw), then I say go for it. I did a lot of DIY in our wedding and I don't regret it...but it always helps to have good friends help.

Don't hesitate to ask if you want some help with anything as the day approaches. I don't mind being assigned to something at the reception or with setting up if you need any help.

Happy planning!!!!!!

Chunky Knubby Navel said...

Yay for the power of prayer! Those are adorable! =)

Whitney