Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hair I go again....


I remember when I was in middle school, my brother and I would tease my mom that we could determine the what year pictures of her were taken by her hair. She changed her hair all the time. Perm and really short, straight and medium short, perm and medium short...you get the picture. Not to mention the color...it was typically the same but there was a short period when she added some highlights to it. Her hair always looked good! She just liked to change it up.

And I'm realizing something.

I'm just like her.

Since 9th grade about 8 years ago, my body has changed a little, my face has changed a little, my clothes/style have changed a little, but my hair? It's changed ALOT...and often. I haven't changed my color (yet...I am noticing a LOT of grey though), but I, just like my mom, have had several different cuts. 
6th grade-short
(reminder:looking at the hair...not the rest)

7th grade-longer


8th grade-shortish


9th grade-longish

10th grade-shorter

11th grade-shorter

still 11th grade-even shorter


12th grade-super short...


That was through middle and high school years. Let's take a gander at college years...



I need a haircut...(2007)
Same day...After a much needed haircut

summer 2008- short short but easy to do



Spring 2009
Summer 2009...I thought my hair was so long...I got my hair cut 5 times that summer
Fall 2009
 Several times I decided to "grow my hair out"...but I always cut it off again. However, this last time I said I would grow my hair out, I was more determined than ever. I want to prove to all those friends that say "I'll believe it when I see it" that I WILL grow out my hair! :) That is said with the most lighthearted determination by the way...

This is December 2010...and almost as long as I've ever had it...
Why am I telling you all this, you ask? Well...I haven't had a haircut in almost 4 months. Last week, I found a piece of my hair that had split ends with split ends. NOT GOOD. So I have an appointment tomorrow with my hair doctor. In the past, when I've said that I'm growing out my hair and I go for a trim, I end up saying "Just do whatever. You can chop it off. I need something different." This time, however, I will remember that I want to grow it out.

Tomorrow I will post a before and after picture to show that I haven't gone short again...mostly just to hold myself accountable :)

I will not get my hair chopped off, I will not get my hair chopped off, I will not get my hair chopped off...

No comments: