Thursday, December 22, 2011

You know you're becoming an adult when...

As I'm typing this, I'm currently locked in the bedroom while Wesley is working diligently on wrapping my present. I'm not allowed to come out until he permits, so here I sit contemplating and reflecting on life and such.  I've gone through some major changes the last few months, including the name change. All of these changes have helped to catapult me into adulthood. I've noticed the fruits of these changes lately, some of them have been strange, some humorous.

1. I get really excited when I realize that almost all the things that I was going to buy at the grocery store are on sale. 

2. I caught myself saying that tables, lamps, and rugs are "pretty". First of all, I never used to say pretty. Second of all, I never used to say home decor was pretty. 

3. My conversations with friends now consist of laundry tips, recipes, insurance, rent, and electricity bills. 

4. I shop at Belk... all the time. 

5. I always want my bed to be made. 

6. I search for coupons and use spirit cards. 

7. I now know that 75% of the things I bake will be set at 350 degrees. 

8. I can touch raw meat without squirming. 

9. I was late to a lunch date because I had washing machine issues. 

10. I got really excited when I bought myself a vacuum cleaner. 


Those might not seem strange to you, but they are very strange to me. I'm still getting used to this whole being an adult thing. It's happening whether I like it or not, so I might as well embrace it. Well, I'm off to bed... before 10. Thank you adulthood. 

No comments: