Saturday, January 01, 2011

Decisions, Decisions....

As of yesterday, I have been engaged for 5 weeks. Although I haven't made a huge dent in the to do list of planning the wedding, I have made a dent in my research. I have come to a conclusion. There are about 1239874234 decisions that have to be made between now and the time I get married. Such as...

What color do I want the bridesmaids to wear?
What shade of that color would look good?
What material of that shade would be good?
What flowers should there be?
What shade of those flowers would look best?
How many of each shade would be good?
How many pew markers should there be?
Will we have a singer?
Who will sing?
What will they sing?
At what point will they sing?
Where should we register?
What should we register for?
When should we register?
How many towels should we register for?
What color towels do we want?
How many lamps do we need in our house?
What color furniture should we get?

Oh...and where will we be living?

Geez Louise. Yes, I'm getting a little carried away...mostly for dramatic effect. But as I participated in a best friend's wedding a couple weeks ago, I realized something. There are a bajillion decisions that go into one day...3 hours really. Of course some of the decisions on registry and where we will live are life decisions... (no pressure), but the others effect 3 hours of our life. At the end of our wedding day, we'll be married. Whether we have cake and punch or a sit down meal, we'll still be married. Whether we have roses and peonies or wildflowers, we'll still be married. Whether my bridesmaids wear gold or chartreuse, we'll still be married...but probably short a few girl friends :) Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I want to take it all in stride, enjoy the wedding planning process, and most importantly-take it ONE DAY at a time. ONE DECISION at a time. 

Today, I made a decision about my shoes. I decided I want fun shoes. I don't know if I'll have colored ones, but I do want interesting ones. After all, pretty shoes make you feel pretty! In less, of course, they're uncomfortable, then they just make you irritated. So I guess I just made another decision... I want fun, semi comfortable shoes. Another decision! I'm on a roll. 

I've already begun my quest to find said shoes. I started with Ivory just for my conservative side's sake. In my search, I found these super awesome shoes!



While they are, as previously stated, super awesome, I've decided not to get them. At least not right now. I came to this conclusion for 2 reasons. 1) They're in Europe and I don't know my size in UK shoe sizes, 2) They're $70 and I can't justify buying them impulsively without trying them on knowing that I'll probably only wear them on my wedding day.

Either way, they're still some of my favorite shoes to look at. Excuse me....at which to look. (Thanks to my 6th grade English teacher, every time I end a sentence with a preposition, I get onto myself. )

Yet another decision made today. Whew, I think I might turn my decision making off for now and enjoy this New Years Day.

Happy 2011!...a year of many decisions and exciting times :)

1 comment:

Patsy Luckie said...

Lindsey, having just gone through this with Kels, the more you get done now the more you can relax when the day gets close. Fun shoes are a great choice. Kels had fun shoes and she had to try on a few before she found a comfortable pair. I also made them all cute flip flops to wear at the reception. Have fun with it all and enjoy the special decision making time with your mom.Since your mother in law only has boys you might want to include her a little bit. Some one suggested this to us and we decided it was a sweet gesture.By the way, Zappos has fun shoes and they offer free shipping both ways and 365 days to return. I bought 2 pair from there and just returned the ones I didn't pick. Can't wait..you will be beautiful!!!!!