Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello, I'm Mrs. Wells...

After 10 months of wedding planning, hours and hours of crafting and researching inspiration, and 30 minutes on a stage in front of family and friends, it's finally official.

We're married!

Yes, we've agreed that we feel like we're playing house, but we've also agreed that we don't remember what life was like before marriage. It's been a wonderful 2 and a half weeks.

Some people say they go through withdraws after they get married. They get so into the wedding planning that they actually miss it when it's all over. I am not one of those people. 

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed myself. I tried to make the very most of every moment. Gone are the days of designing invitations, figuring out guest accommodations, house hunting, registering, etc. Here are the days of grocery shopping, attempting to convince my husband (and myself) that I'm a decent cook, maintaining a household, thank you notes, etc. I MUCH prefer my current life stage to my previous life stage. I could go on and on with mushy details of how I'm so glad to have my best friend by my side everyday and how loving, caring, and attentive he is, but I won't bore you with the details. Just know that we're loving married life thus far.

We are now floating in a sea of thank you notes to write, but I'm working on them slowly. Surprisingly, I've enjoyed writing thank you notes because it allows me to 1) sit down and write...it's always been kind of therapeutic for me...and 2) reflect on God's provisions and blessings through the last few months. Our transition into living on our own has been a smooth one, and I know that that has a great deal to do with how our friends and family graciously showered us with blessings and gifts. Because of a "fun decor shower", a furniture fund shower, several miscellaneous showers, a man shower, and a pantry shower we can't think of anything we need that we don't have. WE. ARE. SO. BLESSED.

We were able to buy groceries last week with a gift card, and we didn't have to get the bare essentials because we had already been given basic pantry items at a shower. I'm so very grateful.

Speaking of groceries, I'd better get to work on figuring out what's for dinner this week. We're off to use another grocery gift card for this week's groceries.

Until next time,

the official Lindsey Wells...(even though Wesley still calls me Lindsey Gay sometimes...)


No comments: